Organizations are created to provide specific programming to meet targeted needs within the service community. Yet it is impossible to meet all the needs of a family- especially a service family. Most organizations are not set up to offer intensive mental health care or have the confidence to find trustworthy referrals- and it can feel like your reputation is on the line.
Corie Weathers, military spouse clinician and service organization consultant, discovered this dilemma as she spent endless hours searching for culturally competent providers that families could be referred to for more intensive care. What she also found was military spouses and veteran providers that desperately wanted their businesses more visible.
The InDependent Wellness Directory, formerly the Lifegiver Directory, was created as a win-win for all.
– Wellness professionals register for an account and set up their profile- putting their business on the map.
– Wellness professionals are required to enter in license/certification and experience that is verified by InDependent and available for families and individuals that are considering their expertise.
– Service families, individuals, and organizations use the map with all of its searchable features to locate culturally competent professionals to connect with.
– Service families are empowered to reach out and choose wellness professionals that they want to work with. Our directory doesn’t just connect them with a name and a specialty, but also tells the wellness professional’s why behind serving our community.
Our goal is to find and list as many competent wellness professionals as possible and make the directory a successful, comprehensive search engine for all wellness needs. By partnering with InDependent, Inc, your organization is willing to:
– Use the directory when looking for wellness professionals and referrals for service families
– Point wellness professionals and service families to the directory, and
– Allow InDependent, Inc, to use your logo and any information you provide about your organization to communicate to wellness professionals and families.
Partners get their information visible to all providers and families including programming, links to websites, and any other opportunities they want shared with providers.
InDependent, Inc will also provide logos and any other agreed upon information about the Wellness Directory or the resources available on in-dependent.org for use on your website as a resource for families to enhance their personal growth. The directory, therefore, provides you with a way to reduce your liability for continued constituent care.
Connects you to more families,
And access to a broader mental health community.
Good for you. Good for providers. Good for families.
It’s a win-win-win.
Great news! Born out of the frustration of searching endlessly for local organizations and programs to work with service families, nonprofits can now list their organizations for FREE. If you are an organization that has programming that works with military and/or first responder families & individuals, they need to know you are out there! Simply click the button below for guidance on how you can get started listing your nonprofit- even if you have multiple locations!
We have now opened up the directory to include Events where you can list your retreat, online webinar or conference, or any other event. All for FREE!